Re: namespaces

От Bill Studenmund
Тема Re: namespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Serguei Mokhov wrote:

> > It means that when you want to use one of the built in functions
> > (date_part, abs, floor, sqrt etc.) you don't have to prefix it with
> > "standard.". You can just say date_part(), abs(), floor(), sqrt(), etc.
> > The only time you need to prefix a call with "standard." is if you want to
> > exclude any so-named routines in your own package.
>
> Quick question: would it be possible then create a 'system' package
> and 'system' (or 'master' if you will) schema (when it's implemented),
> move over all the system tables (pg_*) into the master schema
> and functions into the 'system' package, so that no name conflicts will arise
> when creating types, functions, tables, etc with the same names as system ones?

Yes. That is part of my plan actually. :-)

In the patch I sent in last week, all of the built-in functions and
aggregates are in the "standard" package, and you can infact reference
them as standard.foo.

Moving types, operators, and relations (and whatever else should go there)
into "master" was part of my plan for schemas.

Take care,

Bill

Сообщение: Re: Package support for Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Package support for Postgres