Re: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?

От dustin sallings
Тема Re: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?
Дата
Re: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

//     Like, pgsql-docs@postgresql.org :)  How much of what is already
// done by the Docs Team pertinent to all this, and, if not, why not?
// If our existing manuals don't make good documentation, then why not,
// and shouldn't those be fixed too?

    It's not that the docs are bad, it's just that they're not on a
shelf.  :)

//  > > //
// > // > Since we are tossing ideas around, here is my two cents.
// > // > .1c In order not to worry about royalties we can donate proceeds to
// > // > PostgreSQL.
// > // Amen/Bravo!  This would truly be in the spirit of PostgreSQL
// > //
// > // Regarding the books contents.  I think
// > // I. Section 1 - Intro
// > // 1. Brief Overview History
// > // 2. Getting and Installing
// > // 3. Setting up a Database
// > // 4. Maintaining a Database
// > // II. Section II - Making it work
// > // 1. Postgres' type system
// > // 2. Triggers & Functions
// > // 3. Embedded Scripting Languages
// > //    a) pl/pgsql
// > //    etc.
// > // 4. External access to postgres
// > //    a) libpq
// > //    b) libpq++
// > //    c) odbc
// > //    etc.
// > // 5. Interfacing PostgreSQL to the Web
// > //    a) perl
// > //    b) php3
// > //    c) pygreSQL
// > //    others
// > // III. Reference and Tekkie Stuff
// > // 1. The built-in functions
// > // 2. Query Optimization
// > // 3. Postmaster tuning & performance issues
// > // IV. New Features
// > // This would be a section where people could insert information related to
// > // the latest release.  Much like law reports have addenda inserts at the
// > // back.
// > //
// > // my $0.02
// > //
// > // steve doliov
// > //
// > //
// > //
// >
// > --
// > Principal Member Technical Staff, beyond.com    The world is watching America,
// > pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
// > |    Key fingerprint =  87 02 57 08 02 D0 DA D6  C8 0F 3E 65 51 98 D8 BE
// > L______________________________________________ and America is watching TV. __
// >
// >
//