Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?

От dustin sallings
Тема Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 rgireyev@cnmnetwork.com wrote:

// Since we are tossing ideas around, here is my two cents.
// .1c In order not to worry about royalties we can donate proceeds to
// PostgreSQL.

    Does anyone on this list have any experience with putting a book
together?  I've read O'Reilly's requirements and procedures, but that's
about as far as I've gone.  It'd be a fun community effort I think.

// .1c There is stuff that changes and there is stuff that remains the same.
// Installation, database creation, db administration, function creation etc ... are
// pretty uniform so they can be covered in the "stay put" section. The stuff that
// is more dynamic can be smacked in the "emerging technologies" section :-)
// so that the reader can simply read up on that particular technology or buy a
// whole new book.
//
// Rudy
//
// Date sent:          Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:53:45 -0800 (PST)