Re: [HACKERS] include/config.h FOLLOWUP

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] include/config.h FOLLOWUP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Vadim B. Mikheev wrote:
> >
> > > Just remember that Informix (and others) use 2K blocks.
> >
> >     So we're 4x what the commercial ones are as of right now?
>
> That is because they do not use the file system, so they try to match
> the raw disk block sizes, while we try to match the file system size.

    Irrelevant to my question...our tuples...are they 4x the size of the
commercial vendors, or is Vadim talking about something altogether different?

    If we are 4x their size, then I think this whole discussion is a joke since
we are already *way* better then "the others"

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: Error messages/logging (Was: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/parser gram.y parse_oper.c')