Re: tsearch Parser Hacking

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: tsearch Parser Hacking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David,

as a cool perl guy you can easily take OpenFTS (openfts.sourceforge.net),
which provides perl interface to tsearch datatypes, and develop a
plperl version. That would be interesting for many people, who like flexibility
of perl. We personally use openfts in our web projects,i.e., we use tsearch as
a storage and we prepare tsvector externally. Openfts distribution contains
tests, examples of dictionaries, parser. Current interface of configuration
is ugly, but it should be not difficult to write table driven configuration.

What do you think ?

Oleg

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>
>>> IMO, sooner or later we need to trash that code and replace it with
>>> something a bit more modification-friendly.
>>
>> We thought about configurable parser, but AFAIR, we didn't get any support for this at that time.
>
> What would it take to change the requirement such that *any* SQL function could be a parser, not only C functions?
Mayberequire that they turn a nested array of tokens? That way I could just write a function in PL/Perl quite easily.

> Best,
>
> David

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83