Re: default_tablespace

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: default_tablespace
Дата
Re: default_tablespace  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb17, 2011, at 18:32 , David Kerr wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 03:59:13PM -0800, carl clemens wrote:
> - After reviewing docs and searching web
> - cannot find out how to determine the default tablespace
> - of a user?
>
> It doesn't appear to me that default tablespaces are assigned to a user, they're
> assigned to a database.
>
> A user can set the variable default_tablespace in their session to over-ride the
> database default, but that wouldn't be stored anywhere in the database (it's a client
> variable).

You can, however, do ALTER USER <user> SET default_tablespace=<whatever>, which will
cause default_tablespace to be set automatically upon login for that user.

I don't know of the top of my head how we store that in the system catalogs, though.
You'll have to check the documentation to find that out...

best regards,
Florian Pflug