Re: fulltext search stemming/ spelling problems

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: fulltext search stemming/ spelling problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, Corin wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using postgres 8.4.3 and try to get stemming/ wrong word correction
> working.
>
> I already installed the myspell dictionaries using apt-get and created
> postgres dictionaries like this:
>
> Fulltext search configuration ?public.english_ispell?
> Parser: ?pg_catalog.default?
>     Token      |            Dictionaries
> -----------------+------------------------------------
> asciihword      | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
> asciiword       | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
> email           | simple
> file            | simple
> float           | simple
> host            | simple
> hword           | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
> hword_asciipart | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
> hword_numpart   | simple
> hword_part      | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
> int             | simple
> numhword        | simple
> numword         | simple
> sfloat          | simple
> uint            | simple
> url             | simple
> url_path        | simple
> version         | simple
> word            | english_ispell,english_stem,simple
>
> But when I do, for example, SELECT to_tsvector('english_ispell', 'gitar') the
> result is only:
> 'gitar':1
>
> Shouldn't the word be corrected to 'guitar'?

english_ispell dictionary is a morphology kind of dictionary ! Read docs.
Also, simple dictionary will never invoked, since english_stem dictionary
recognizes everything !

> SELECT plainto_tsquery('english_ispell','gitar') doesn't work neither:
> 'gitar'

Better, use ts_debug() function or ts_dict() for testing.

> Thanks,
> Corin

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83