Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?

От: Oleg Bartunov
Тема: Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Chris St Denis, )
 Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Oleg Bartunov, )
  Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Alvaro Herrera, )
   Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
    Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Chris St Denis, )
     Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Craig Ringer, )

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Chris St Denis wrote:

> Is tsvector_update_trigger() smart enough to not bother updating a tsvector
> if the text in that column has not changed?

no, you should do check yourself. There are several examples in mailing lists.

> If not, can I make my own update trigger with something like
>
>   if new.description != old.description
>       return tsvector_update_trigger('fti_all', 'pg_catalog.english',
>   'title', 'keywords', 'description');
>   else
>       return new;
>
> or do I need to do it from scratch?
>

> I'm seeing very high cpu load on my database server and my current theory is
> that some of the triggers may be causing it.

     Regards,
         Oleg
Internet: , http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: Implications of having large number of users
Сообщение: Re: Implications of having large number of users