tsvector_update_trigger performance?

От: Chris St Denis
Тема: tsvector_update_trigger performance?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Chris St Denis, )
 Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Oleg Bartunov, )
  Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Alvaro Herrera, )
   Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
    Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Chris St Denis, )
     Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Craig Ringer, )
      Re: tsvector_update_trigger performance?  (Dimitri Fontaine, )

Is tsvector_update_trigger() smart enough to not bother updating a tsvector if the text in that column has not changed?

If not, can I make my own update trigger with something like
if new.description != old.description
    return tsvector_update_trigger('fti_all', 'pg_catalog.english', 'title', 'keywords', 'description');
else
    return new;
or do I need to do it from scratch?

I'm seeing very high cpu load on my database server and my current theory is that some of the triggers may be causing it.

Сообщение: Re: Implications of having large number of users
Сообщение: Re: Implications of having large number of users