Re: problem with FOUND and EXECUTE in pl/pgsql

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: problem with FOUND and EXECUTE in pl/pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
>> seems I don't understand how FOUND variable in pl/pgsql function defined,
>> when I use EXECUTE of PERFORM. There is no problem when I use plain SQL.
>
> EXECUTE doesn't affect FOUND, even if the statement-to-be-executed would
> have.  There's been some discussion about changing that, but no
> movement.

I think this should be clarified in docs.
Hmm, simple update-or-insert function in case of EXECUTE became
complicated. I had to use RETURNING xxx INTO yyy and check yyy for NULL
value.

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load
Сообщение: Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load