Re: problem with FOUND and EXECUTE in pl/pgsql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: problem with FOUND and EXECUTE in pl/pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/6/4 Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>:
> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
>>>
>>> seems I don't understand how FOUND variable in pl/pgsql function defined,
>>> when I use EXECUTE of PERFORM. There is no problem when I use plain SQL.
>>
>> EXECUTE doesn't affect FOUND, even if the statement-to-be-executed would
>> have.  There's been some discussion about changing that, but no
>> movement.
>
> I think this should be clarified in docs. Hmm, simple update-or-insert
> function in case of EXECUTE became
> complicated. I had to use RETURNING xxx INTO yyy and check yyy for NULL
> value.

use GET DIAGNOSTICS

postgres=# create table ff(a integer);
CREATE TABLE
Time: 130,222 ms
postgres=#
create or replace function t(int) returns void as $$
  declare r integer;
begin
  execute 'insert into f values($1)' using $1;
  get diagnostics r = ROW_COUNT;
  raise notice '%', r;
  return;
end;