Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Ron Mayer, )
 Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Ron Mayer, )
  Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Ron Mayer, )
    Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Oleg Bartunov, )
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov <> writes:
>> We usually say about 200 unique values as a limit for
>> gist_int_ops.
>
> That seems awfully small ... should we make gist_intbig_ops the default,
> or more likely, raise the signature size of both opclasses?  Even at a
> crossover point of 10000 I'm not sure that many real-world apps would
> bother considering gist_int_ops.

gist__int_ops doesn't uses signatures, it uses range compression, which
is not lossy, but not capacious. Perhaps, that's why we decided to use it
as default opclass.

     Regards,
         Oleg
Internet: , http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.
Сообщение: Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.