Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Ron Mayer, )
 Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Ron Mayer, )
  Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Ron Mayer, )
    Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Extremely slow intarray index creation and inserts.  (Oleg Bartunov, )
Oleg Bartunov <> writes:
> We usually say about 200 unique values as a limit for
> gist_int_ops.

That seems awfully small ... should we make gist_intbig_ops the default,
or more likely, raise the signature size of both opclasses?  Even at a
crossover point of 10000 I'm not sure that many real-world apps would
bother considering gist_int_ops.