Re: Problems With Bad PID and Missing Socket -- UPDATE

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Problems With Bad PID and Missing Socket -- UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I upgraded the distribution on my system and am now having problems
> opening a local application. /var/log/apache/error.log shows:

   More insight. When I stop the postmaster I see this:

[root@salmo ~]# /etc/rc.d/rc.postgresql stop
Shutting down PostgreSQL...
pg_ctl: invalid data in PID file "/var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid"

   It appears that I have several things to correct. This time, I promise to
hold on to the messages so I can fix things up by myself the next time they
occur.

Rich