Problems With Bad PID and Missing Socket

От Rich Shepard
Тема Problems With Bad PID and Missing Socket
Дата
Список pgsql-general
   I upgraded the distribution on my system and am now having problems
opening a local application. /var/log/apache/error.log shows:

Error: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/sql-ledger/login.pl line 85.
[Sat Nov 29 11:50:17 2008] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

   While I thought I had saved the solution message from the last time this
happened, I did not do so. After stopping and restarting postgresql, there
is no domain socket .s.PGSQL.5432 in /tmp. How do I get it back?

   Perhaps related to this, when I restart postgres I see:

Starting PostgreSQL
19895
PostgreSQL daemon already running

and I don't understand why the daemon is already running if I shut down the
application.

Rich