Re: Full text index without accents

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Full text index without accents
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Here is an example

CREATE FUNCTION dropatsymbol(text) RETURNS text
AS 'select replace($1, ''@'', '' '');'
LANGUAGE SQL;

arxiv=# select to_tsvector('english',dropatsymbol('oleg@sai.msu.su'));
        to_tsvector
-------------------------
  'oleg':1 'sai.msu.su':2

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Fco. Mario Barcala Rodr?guez wrote:

> And which are the types of argument and returning values of a pl/sql
> function which preprocess de text?
>
> I have been searching that, for example, something like this works fine:
>
> CREATE INDEX textindex ON document USING
> gin(to_tsvector('english',upper(text)));
>
> where text is the text column of document. But I have tried to do
> something like:
>
> CREATE INDEX textindex ON document USING
> gin(to_tsvector('english',myfunction(text)));
>
> where myfunction is a PL/SQL function which call upper one, but I didn't
> find which are the types of the myfunction argument and returning value.
>
> I am a PL/SQL novice and I didn't find how to do it yet. Of course, then
> I will have to change upper experiment to my objective: to index without
> accents. I don't know if PL/SQL is the better option to build such
> function.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Mario Barcala
>
>> You can preprocess text (replace accent by nothing) before
>> to_tsvector or to_tsquery
>>

>> Oleg
>> On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, lbarcala@freeresearch.org wrote:
>>
>>> Hi again:
>>>
>>> I am trying to create a full text configuration to ignore word accents in
>>> my searches. My approach is similar to simple dicionary one, but i want to
>>> remove accents after converting to lower.
>>>
>>> Is it the only way to do it to develop another .c and write my own
>>> dict_noaccent.c, and then compile and install it into the system?
>>>
>>> Regars,
>>>
>>>  Mario Barcala
>>>

>>      Regards,
>>          Oleg
>> Oleg Bartunov, Research Scientist, Head of AstroNet (www.astronet.ru),
>> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University, Russia
>> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
>> phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

От: "Francisco Reyes"
Сообщение: Re: COPY between 7.4.x and 8.3.x
От: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Сообщение: Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon