Re: Full text index without accents

От Fco. Mario Barcala" Rodríguez
Тема Re: Full text index without accents
Дата
Список pgsql-general
And which are the types of argument and returning values of a pl/sql
function which preprocess de text?

I have been searching that, for example, something like this works fine:

CREATE INDEX textindex ON document USING
gin(to_tsvector('english',upper(text)));

where text is the text column of document. But I have tried to do
something like:

CREATE INDEX textindex ON document USING
gin(to_tsvector('english',myfunction(text)));

where myfunction is a PL/SQL function which call upper one, but I didn't
find which are the types of the myfunction argument and returning value.

I am a PL/SQL novice and I didn't find how to do it yet. Of course, then
I will have to change upper experiment to my objective: to index without
accents. I don't know if PL/SQL is the better option to build such
function.

Thanks,

  Mario Barcala