Re: What's the XID?

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: What's the XID?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Jeff Frost wrote:
>
>> That's a drag as I have quite a few clients who graph the xacts/sec with
>> MRTG. Most of these clients have read heavy workloads and it would be great
>> to be able to graph read vs write xacts, but a drag if you have no
>> visibility into the read xacts.
>
> You can still get the transaction commit counter from pgstats, right?
> In fact I would be surprised if you did something different.

Maybe I already am.  This is what we've been doing:

select sum(xact_commit) as transactions from pg_stat_database;

Is that still the same in 8.3 (i.e. it still puts lumps in reads + writes)?
If so, pretend I said nothing before because I must have misunderstood what
Tom was saying before. :-)

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/