Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong

От Sergey E. Koposov
Тема Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Sergey E. Koposov" <math@sai.msu.ru> writes:
>> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Tom Lane wrote:
>> NOTICE:  database "contrib_regression" does not exist, skipping
>> ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans
>> ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans
>> ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans
>> ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans
>
>> With hash_seq_search ERROR, it was partially a false alarm. I've had some
>> old postgres daemon hanging around and writing that to the log.
>> Although I remember seeing that hash_seq_search message recently when
>> dealing with this bug, it does not show up in the course of standard
>> regression tests.
>
> Yeah, it's not there on your buildfarm reports, but that's not totally
> surprising.  I would expect it to start showing up after 100 failed
> checkpoint attempts, which is how long it'd take the bgwriter's
> hash_seq_search table to overflow ...

Yes, indeed. After several make installcheck's
I get
ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans, cannot start one on "smgr
relation table"
ERROR:  too many active hash_seq_search scans, cannot start one on "smgr
relation table"

Sergey

Sergey E. Koposov
Max Planck Institute for Astronomy/Cambridge Institute for Astronomy/Sternberg Astronomical Institute
Tel: +49-6221-528-349
Web: http://lnfm1.sai.msu.ru/~math
E-mail: math@sai.msu.ru

Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong
Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong