Re: pitr replica dies on startup

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: pitr replica dies on startup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com> writes:
>> It seems like everything is happy, except it seems to ask for the 4F
>> log file more than once.
>
> IIRC that's standard procedure.  Is there a reason your recovery_command
> can't support it?

Really?  If that's the case, then no, this particular recovery command
archives the WAL files off into an archive directory after they've been
successfully copied.  So, the second time postgres asks for it, it won't be
available.

Thanks for the idea Tom, I'll update the script to look in the archive
directory if the file is unavailable in the backup directory.

Why does it request it twice?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/

Сообщение: Re: pitr replica dies on startup
Сообщение: Re: pitr replica dies on startup