Re: Data replication through disk replication

От Ben
Тема Re: Data replication through disk replication
Дата
Re: Data replication through disk replication  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-general
If you're just looking for a way to have high availability and you're ok
being tied to linux, DRBD is a good way to go. It keeps things simple in
that all changes are replicated, it won't say an fsync is finished until
it's finished on the remote host too, and it won't let you mount the block
device on the slave system (at least with 0.7x). You loose out on the
abiility to have multiple read-only databases like you get with Slony, and
you have no control over which changes will be replicated, but if you
don't care about that, then DRBD probably has the least risk of all
postgres replication strategies.

In case you think it matters, IBM recommends DRBD for DB2.