Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning

От david@lang.hm
Тема Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 1 May 2007, Carlos Moreno wrote:

>>  large problem from a slog perspective; there is no standard way even
>>  within Linux to describe CPUs, for example. Collecting available disk
>>  space information is even worse.   So I'd like some help on this portion.
>>

> Quite likely, naiveness follows...  But, aren't things like /proc/cpuinfo ,
> /proc/meminfo, /proc/partitions / /proc/diskstats standard, at the very
> least across Linux distros?  I'm not familiar with BSD or other Unix
> flavours, but I would expect these (or their equivalent) to exist in those,
> no?
>
> Am I just being naive?

unfortunantly yes.

across different linux distros they are fairly standard (however different
kernel versions will change them)

however different kernels need drasticly different tools to get the info
from them.

David Lang

Сообщение: Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Сообщение: Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning