Re: Question

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Mark Steben wrote:

> I am very new to PostgreSQL.  Is it appropriate to pose questions to this
> email list?

It might be better on pgsql-sql, but I'm not sure.

> I am trying to come up with a query that will list the names of the database
> indexes that
>
> Have been chosen as clustering indexes.  I know I can get the INDEXRELID
> from PG.INDEX
>
> But have yet to figure out how to get the index name from there.  Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> And, if this is not an appropriate forum to ask questions please tell me.

You want to join on pg_class.oid.  You can see the info on pg_index here in
the docs: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/catalog-pg-index.html

select i.indexrelid,c.relname from pg_index i, pg_class c where i.indexrelid =
c.oid;

will likely give you what you're after.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>