Re: Cluster/redundancy question

От Aly S.P Dharshi
Тема Re: Cluster/redundancy question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew,

    I disagree, I wouldn't want to contend with all the complexities
and kludge of Oracle thank you very much. If there was a way to get
PostgreSQL to do better than the current clustering methods, then why not, it would be a
big win for us.

    PostgreSQL *is* an enterprise class DB after all, and we should be
improving upon it to do so and remain so.

    Cheers,

    Aly.

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 11:38:22AM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>>
>> Don't get me wrong, if replication is one of the things you need, then
>> consider it, but if you're putting bad data into your database, what
>> good is replicating it gonna do ya?
>
>But if real, ORAC-style clustering is what you need, buy Oracle.  The
>limitations on MySQL's implementation give me the willies.  As Tom
>Waits said, "The large print giveth, and the small print taketh
>away."

Aly S.P Dharshi
aly.dharshi@telus.net

     "A good speech is like a good dress