Re: Cluster/redundancy question

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Cluster/redundancy question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 11:38:22AM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, if replication is one of the things you need, then
> consider it, but if you're putting bad data into your database, what
> good is replicating it gonna do ya?

But if real, ORAC-style clustering is what you need, buy Oracle.  The
limitations on MySQL's implementation give me the willies.  As Tom
Waits said, "The large print giveth, and the small print taketh
away."

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
        --Philip Greenspun