Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Sean Davis wrote:

> You did start the server?  Did you fix the pg_hba.conf file?  Does your
> postgresql.conf file allow tcp connections?  Those are the places I would
> look.

Sean,

   Thank you.

   Yes, the server is running:
21839 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data

   I don't know what needs fexing in /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf. It has:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               trust

   which should cover both socket and tcp connections, if I understand
correctly.

   The header of postgresql.conf says that the commented options are defaults,
and the connections section has:

# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION

# - Connection Settings -

#listen_addresses = 'localhost'         # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                                         # comma-separated list of addresses;
                                         # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
#port = 5432
max_connections = 100
# note: increasing max_connections costs ~400 bytes of shared memory per
# connection slot, plus lock space (see max_locks_per_transaction).  You
# might also need to raise shared_buffers to support more connections.
#superuser_reserved_connections = 2
#unix_socket_directory = ''
#unix_socket_group = ''
#unix_socket_permissions = 0777         # octal
#bonjour_name = ''                      # defaults to the computer name

# - Security & Authentication -

#authentication_timeout = 60            # 1-600, in seconds
#ssl = off
#password_encryption = on
#db_user_namespace = off

   Is this correct?

Thanks again,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"