Re: PostgreSQL missing in SuSE 10?

От Reinhard Max
Тема Re: PostgreSQL missing in SuSE 10?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 at 21:57, Gregory Youngblood wrote:

> SuSE 10 is the "commercial" release from Novell. It contains
> additional packages not in the opensuse.org open source version.
> There is an eval cd and dvd set that can be downloaded of the
> "commercial" release - though I do not believe it is licensed for
> anything beyond evaluation purposes, but I could be mistaken.

You are ;)

It would be a violation of the GPL and probably other licenses if SUSE
tried to limit the use of the eval CDs or DVDs to evaluation purposes.
These editions are called "Eval" because they contain a reduced set of
packages and don't have the installation support included that comes
with the "commercial" boxed version.

> To move this back on-topic, I have been looking at files available
> via FTP install for SuSE 10 (at least for the opensuse version), and
> the postgresql packages are there. So, it's looking more like a
> packaging and DVD creation error on the main DVD (at least for it
> not including postgresql). Hopefully.

You must have been looking at the (3.3GB) Eval-DVD, which has the same
reduced set of packages as the 5 CDs, and doesn't include all of the
postgresql packages. But they are definitely included in the (8GB) DVD
that comes with the boxed version of SUSE Linux 10.

cu
    Reinhard