Re: PostgreSQL missing in SuSE 10?

От Gregory Youngblood
Тема Re: PostgreSQL missing in SuSE 10?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
SuSE 10 is the "commercial" release from Novell. It contains additional
packages not in the opensuse.org open source version. There is an eval
cd and dvd set that can be downloaded of the "commercial" release -
though I do not believe it is licensed for anything beyond evaluation
purposes, but I could be mistaken. The open source opensuse edition is
freely available and not limited to evaluation.

The packages not in the opensuse version are listed here:
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/16015.html

There has been some confusion (and annoyance) because I believe packages
that relied on one of the removed packages were also removed. Due to
Java not being included, I believe the Eclipse environment was also not
included. Don't quote me on this -- I'm going from memory.

Here is a link to instructions on tweaking the opensuse version:
http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/42/

Hope this helps. If anyone has any more general SuSE questions, please
ask off-list. I'll try to reply.

To move this back on-topic, I have been looking at files available via
FTP install for SuSE 10 (at least for the opensuse version), and the
postgresql packages are there. So, it's looking more like a packaging
and DVD creation error on the main DVD (at least for it not including
postgresql). Hopefully.

Greg