Re: Problem with libpq3 & postgresql8

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: Problem with libpq3 & postgresql8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Alex R. Mosteo wrote:

> I have a client program which worked ok, using libpq3 agains a 7.4
> database. Both linux versions. The client and server are in separate
> machines connecting via TCP/IP.
>
> I've just updated the database to 8.0, and the client program now can't
> connect. There's no error message, it simply gets stuck when doing the
> connection call and remains so indefinitely.
>
> Is this a known incompatibility? If not, any suggestions on what to try?

libpq version was changed in 8.0.2.

If you are using Red Hat / Fedora Core, install this package to solve the
problem:

http://developer.postgresql.org/~devrim/rpms/compat/compat-postgresql-libs-3-3PGDG.i686.rpm

This RPM installs the following files:

#rpm -qlp compat-postgresql-libs-3-3PGDG.i686.rpm
/usr/lib/libecpg.so.4
/usr/lib/libecpg.so.4.1
/usr/lib/libecpg_compat.so.1
/usr/lib/libecpg_compat.so.1.2
/usr/lib/libpgtypes.so.1
/usr/lib/libpgtypes.so.1.2
/usr/lib/libpq.so.3
/usr/lib/libpq.so.3.1

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr

От: "Alex R. Mosteo"
Сообщение: Problem with libpq3 & postgresql8