Re: Re: Which qsort is used

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Re: Which qsort is used
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> At this point, I think we have done enough testing on enough platforms
> to just use port/qsort on all platforms in 8.2.  It seems whenever
> someone tries to improve the BSD qsort, they make it worse.

Not necessariliy true. Dann Corbit sent me an implementation a while ago
(you can see it on the same site). BSD qsort is improved, though not that
much, by two methods. Since Dann write the program from scratch, so I am
not sure if we are afford to take the efforts for the improvement.

Regards,
Qingqing