Re: Re: Which qsort is used

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Re: Which qsort is used
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Both of them are modified versions of Bentley's sort algorithm.

I just added the in-order check to both of them, and the reversed
partition check for the second method (in the case of the subfiles
because insertion sort is allergic to reversed partitions).

At any rate, neither is much of an improvement on Bentley's version.
For the rare cases of completely ordered or completely reversed, it will
be a monumental improvement.  But that is a pretty rare case.

If I could use C++, I could do much better.  It is very difficult for me
to write an ADT in C instead of in C++.