Re: launching new site

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: launching new site
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> I'm of the opinion that we ought to launch the new site on or before the
> PostgreSQL 8.0 release in whatever shape it is in.  I know a lot of people
> would like to see several parts of the content updated before launch, but
> I've sort of come to the conclusion that if we just reuse the existing
> content, we're not making things any worse, and then people can get a hold of
> the improvements we do have that much sooner.  To that end, I also think we
> ought to switch to Omar's design as is.  No one seems to have the gumption to
> kick around lukaczs design in regards to issues that were raised earlier,
> while we have certainly have a least one person (Omar) working steadily with
> that design.  What I would like to see is an application of Omar's latest
> work (I believe Omar and/or Gavin will have a patch available soon) so that
> we can put that up on wwwmaster and have people do some beta testing of it.
> I'm currently working on an update of the TODO list with a more definitive
> list of things that need to be done, which I should have ready tommorrow, but
> if we keep pushing forward I think we can get this thing out the door along
> with 8.0.  Any objections?

You can access Omar's latest code using subversion:

svn co http://postgresql.tinysofa.com/svn/trunk

Because of the images additions/changes  which don't lend themselves to diff -c
format, I recommend allowing Omar to check in the changes directly to CVS
on gborg. I don't see any problems with that approach, because it can
always be rolled back. Omar tells me that he is already registered, with
username 'omar'.

I'd assist but I will be in Japan with limited internet access.

Thoughts?

Gavin