Re: www side projects

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: www side projects
Дата
moving cvsweb ... (Was: Re: www side projects)  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Hi Robert,

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> Can we get a list of all the www side projects that people are working on and
> a status update? So far I've got 2, but thinking I'm forgetting something:
>
> 1)gborg -> foundry migration
> 2)techdocs plone/wiki repair

This is from a todo list I was putting together:

Urgent
======

* Scripts to monitor availability of Web sites, lists, cvs(up),
mail<->news gateway, etc
* Redundancy
 o Contingency plan if main site goes down under heavy load at time of 8.0
   release
 o Figure out load balancing: round robin DNS? auto selection of a mirror
   by IP (works for other major projects)?
 o Contact mirror sites to get them to support virtual host configuration
   we need to do round robin DNS and other related stuff

Project Management
==================

* Create Web site development page with: link to cvs for web module; FAQ;
link to TODO list

General
=======

* Performance of CVS web interface for main project is very poor. fix.

Content
=======

* Solid push to get 20 case studies online, including migration case
studies (Gavin, Robert Bernier, Josh Berkus)
* List of testimonials/reference sites (Gavin, ...?)
* Provide page of official logos with material specifications
(important for print journos) (Gavin, ...?)

Dancing Bears

* Find a dancing bear for Bruce
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2004-09/msg00167.php)

---

Now, unfortunately I am out of action until the 15th as I'll be in Japan
with limited Internet access.

Thanks,

Gavin