Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Reini Urban wrote:

> Gavin Sherry schrieb:
> > On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Reini Urban wrote:
>   >>But the regression test fails: (the only failing test against cvs HEAD)
> >>This is not only a pg_dump/pg_restore issue, or?
> >>
> >>-- Will fail with bad path
> >>CREATE TABLESPACE badspace LOCATION '/no/such/location';
> >>ERROR:  could not set permissions on directory "/no/such/location": No
> >>such file or directory
> >>-- No such tablespace
> >>CREATE TABLE bar (i int) TABLESPACE nosuchspace;
> >>ERROR:  tablespace "nosuchspace" does not exist
> >>-- Fail, not empty
> >>DROP TABLESPACE testspace;
> >>ERROR:  tablespace "testspace" is not empty
> >>DROP SCHEMA testschema CASCADE;
> >>NOTICE:  drop cascades to table testschema.foo
> >>-- Should succeed
> >>DROP TABLESPACE testspace;
> >>
> >>=>
> >>
> >>***************
> >>*** 38,45 ****
> >>   ERROR:  tablespace "nosuchspace" does not exist
> >>   -- Fail, not empty
> >>   DROP TABLESPACE testspace;
> >>! ERROR:  tablespace "testspace" is not empty
> >>   DROP SCHEMA testschema CASCADE;
> >>! NOTICE:  drop cascades to table testschema.foo
> >>   -- Should succeed
> >>   DROP TABLESPACE testspace;
> >>--- 41,49 ----
> >>   ERROR:  tablespace "nosuchspace" does not exist
> >>   -- Fail, not empty
> >>   DROP TABLESPACE testspace;
> >>! ERROR:  tablespace "testspace" does not exist
> >>   DROP SCHEMA testschema CASCADE;
> >>! ERROR:  schema "testschema" does not exist
> >>   -- Should succeed
> >>   DROP TABLESPACE testspace;
> >>+ ERROR:  tablespace "testspace" does not exist
> >

> > I cannot recreate on Linux. What platform, etc, are you on?
>
> hmm, I'll investigate then.
>
> postgresql latest CVS with 2 minor shlib building patches left
>    (added -lpgport)
> cygwin-1.5.11
> gcc-3.4.1

Hmm.. sounds like we're trying to support tablespaces on a system which
doesn't actually support symlinks (in the way we need them). Can any of
the windows guys help?

Gavin

Сообщение: Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore
Сообщение: Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore