Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore

От Reini Urban
Тема Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore  (Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry schrieb:
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Reini Urban wrote:
>>>I cannot recreate on Linux. What platform, etc, are you on?
>>
>>hmm, I'll investigate then.
>>
>>postgresql latest CVS with 2 minor shlib building patches left
>>   (added -lpgport)
>>cygwin-1.5.11
>>gcc-3.4.1
>
> Hmm.. sounds like we're trying to support tablespaces on a system which
> doesn't actually support symlinks (in the way we need them). Can any of
> the windows guys help?

Found the error:
gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -I../../../src/include -DBUILDING_DLL  -c -o
tablespace.o tablespace.c

no HAVE_SYMLINK defined, though CYGWIN should added -DHAVE_SYMLINK.

/usr/src/postgresql/postgresql-8.0.0cvs/src/backend/commands
$ gcc -E -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -I../../../src/include  -DBUILDING_DLL  -c
tablespace.c | grep HAVE_SYMLINK

<none>

--
Reini Urban