Re: tablespace and sequences?

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: tablespace and sequences?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Philip,

> Actually I was thinking of a little more than a setting to ignore errors;
> we would need to:
>
>     - modify pg_dump to store the tablespace name as a separate
>       part of the TOC entry, NOT as part of the CREATE TABLE.
>     - modify pg_restore to issue 'set default tablespace xxxx'
>       before restoring a table OR, per Fabiens suggestion, issue
>       an ALTER TABLE after the create.

This prior SET option looks much better and cleaner. Maybe the TOC entry
update is not really necessary if the SET is separate?

If the SET fails, what tablespace is expected to be chose? pg_global? I
guess the SET would be mandatory, that is it would supercede other
defaults such as chose the tablespace of the SCHEMA? Also, should there be
provision for unsetting?

I can give a hand about the implementation over the week-end, esp. as I'm
the one taking a stand on this issue. However I do not know much about
pg_dump format and issues, so I'm not sure I'm the best person for a quick
and clean implementation.

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr