Re: Improving postgresql.conf

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Greg,

> > One idea that has been floated around is to pull the docs automatically
> > from SGML and put them in postgresql.conf.  We do that for psql's use of
> > \help now, so it seems this is possible.
>
> I'm not sure this is the way to go. The SGML should be more detailed, and
> also assumes that you are reading it in a different context than from within
> the configuration file.

As for the level defail, I guess the idea is to extract only a relevant
part of the sgml doc: parameter name, summary and advices, default value.
Sure the doc can contains more than that, but at least this should be
available.

As for the context, I think that is is factual enough so as to be able to
write documentation that would fit both the doc and the configuration
file.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr

Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf