Re: Large database

От Sam Barnett-Cormack
Тема Re: Large database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, todhunter wrote:

> I'm considering using Postgresql for an application which could very
> likely require a database to grow up to about 200 000 000 records in
> one table.
>
> 1. Is this possible with Postresql on Linux?

Given that there are no theoretical limits of table length (IIRC), then
yes. Performance may suffer.

> 2. What's the biggest known database currently running on Postgresql?

Well, UKMS is running a database that has a table with one record for
every file or page served to any user. It's pretty big, at least of the
order you describe. The size on disk of the database is 167GiB. It runs
just fine, and that's on linux on intel hardware.

--

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths