Re: bitwise and/or aggregate functions?

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: bitwise and/or aggregate functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I thought of BIT_* because it is short and also used by mysql.
> > Ingres has BIT_AND and BIT_OR functions, but they are not aggregates.
> >
> > I don't know where these standards are available online... It seems they
> > are not available:-(
>
> Neil - can you check your SQL2003 copy to see if it mentions standard
> aggregates on bit types?

I haven't seen such a function in the "draft" standard I have found.
It seems it is not yet available from INCITS.

There are also EVERY (= aggregate AND) and SOME/ANY (= aggregate OR) for
booleans, that are interesting. I'll add them with the patch. However I
think that I may need to add two small functions for that.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr