Re: make == as = ?

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: make == as = ?
Дата
Re: make == as = ?  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > From my point of view, my students come from a java first course, so they
> > have to learn again some new syntax and new operators. Small stuff, but
> > it can help to say "same as java" and go on to new concepts.
>
> Don't you want them to learn SQL?

I want to teach them the concepts: relations, views, relationnal algebra,
aggregation and so on, and how to build a resonnable schema from a
real-world problem.

I do not consider whether the comparison is == or = as a key issue.

Moreover, there are many SQL flavors around, so whatever the detailed
syntax I learn them, it won't be the one they will have to face if the
database they use is different. So why bother?

That's just my view.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr