Error installing postgresql-7.3.2

От Jon Earle
Тема Error installing postgresql-7.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Took the advice of folks here and decided to build a new postgresql.  I
downloaded v7.3.2 today and am trying to install it on Debian 3.0r0.

It seemed to build okay.  I gave it the following configure options (I
took the configure options from the 'rules' file within the debian source
package and tweaked them for my use [primarily deleting those I know I
don't need]):

./configure \
--prefix=/opt/pgm/pgsql \
--enable-integer-datetimes \
--enable-recode \
--enable-nls \
--disable-shared \
--disable-rpath \
--with-pam \
--with-openssl \
--with-gnu-ld \
--with-maxbackends=64 \
--with-pgport=5432

Then ran 'make' which gave me:

All of PostgreSQL successfully made. Ready to install.

So, I ran 'make install'.  It stopped at:

..
make[3]: Entering directory
`/root/postgresql-7.3.2/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic'
/bin/sh ../../../../../../config/install-sh -c -m 755
/opt/pgm/pgsql/lib/ascii_and_mic.so
install:  /opt/pgm/pgsql/lib/ascii_and_mic.so does not exist
make[3]: *** [install] Error 1
..

The file
/root/postgresql-7.3.2/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic
does exist.

I searched google for the error but it didn't turn up anything.  Any
thoughts?

Cheers!
Jon

--
Jon Earle

SAVE FARSCAPE http://www.savefarscape.com/

While it's okay to disagree with your friends and family, childish insults
do not express sovereignty.