Re: PostgreSql under Linux

От Sam Barnett-Cormack
Тема Re: PostgreSql under Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Wilson A. Galafassi Jr. wrote:

> Hello people.
>
> I'm installing Postgresql under linux for better performance and i want to know how is the best configuration.
>
> My server is a dual pentium3 1ghz/1gb ram/36gb scsi. running only postgresql. My question is:
> 1. What is the best linux distribuition for better performance?

LFS (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/) if you have the time. WARNING: it
is a major undertaking, but for a machine dedicated to one task, where
virtually everything can be well-optimised for the machine, it has major
performance and admin benefits.

Only try it if you have a lot of time and/or already know linux well. If
you have a *lot* of time, you will gain the knowledge as you go. If you
decide to, I'll see you on *that* mailing list.

Also, I recommend slackware as an LFS base.

--

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths