Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Denis Lussier" <denis@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> > For various technical and backward compatibility reasons, I don't think
> > SQL/PSM should be a replacement for PL/pgSQL.  Although I do think it
> > should heavily leverage the solid foundation afforded by the PL/pgSQL
> > code base.
>
> "Solid"?  I've wanted for quite some time to throw away plpgsql and
> start over --- there are too many things that need rewritten in it,
> starting with the parser.  This project would be a great place to do
> that.

What is wrong on plpgsql code? I see some problems with processing SQL
statements, with efectivity evaluation of expr, but parser is clean (in my
opinion).

what have to be rewriten?

Regards
Pavel Stehule

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: language handlers in public schema?
Сообщение: Re: language handlers in public schema?