Re: Proposal - Continue stmt for PL/pgSQL

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Proposal - Continue stmt for PL/pgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> Pavel Stehule <stehule@kix.fsv.cvut.cz> writes:
> >   BEGIN
> >     CONTINUE WHEN i = 10;
> >     RAISE NOTICE '---1---';
> >   END;
>
> I find that really ugly and confusing.  If we add a CONTINUE it's only
> sensible to allow it inside a loop --- otherwise it's just a nonstandard
> spelling of EXIT.

I played too much :-). But, there is something wich can complicate
implementation, if I disallow it inside block.

for ... LOOP begin   continue; end
end loop;

if I can use continue in begin and block I have easy rules for
implementation. I have to first find any outside loop. But I think it's no
really problem

Pavel Stehule

Сообщение: Re: Proposal - Continue stmt for PL/pgSQL
Сообщение: Re: Proposal - Continue stmt for PL/pgSQL