Re: "DELETE FROM" protection

От Yuji Shinozaki
Тема Re: "DELETE FROM" protection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I've gotten myself into the habit of always writing out a

    SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ...;

first, and then command-line editing it to

    DELETE FROM ... WHERE ...;

Putting it in a transaction (BEGIN, COMMIT or ROLLBACK) is probably the
best practice.

yuji
----

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Dave Ewart wrote:

> On Friday, 20.02.2004 at 10:12 +0000, Matt Clark wrote:
>
> > > So now with pgsql, when I am typing "DELETE FROM...." until I get to
> > > the "WHERE" part of the statement, I get a little nervous because I
> > > know hitting Enter by mistake will wipe out that table.  [...]
>
> How about typing the "WHERE" part of the statement first, then
> 'left-arrowing' back to the start of the statement and do "DELETE FROM
> ..." *last*?
>
> Dave.
> --
> Dave Ewart
> Dave.Ewart@cancer.org.uk
> Computing Manager, Epidemiology Unit, Oxford
> Cancer Research UK
> PGP: CC70 1883 BD92 E665 B840 118B 6E94 2CFD 694D E370

Yuji Shinozaki                            Computer Systems Senior Engineer
ys2n@virginia.edu            Advanced Technologies Group
(434)924-7171                Information Technology & Communication
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ys2n    University of Virginia