Translations in the distributions

От Dennis Björklund
Тема Translations in the distributions
Дата
Re: Translations in the distributions  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
The default installation in fedora does not work very well for non
english people. For example. if I run psql and type COMMIT i get:

dennis=# commit;
WARNING:  COMMIT: ingen transaktion p g

while it should say

dennis=# commit;
WARNING:  COMMIT: ingen transaktion pågår

And those spaces in the first version are no spaces at all but some
strange characters.

However, I have the cvs version compiled and installed, and it seems to
work just fine. Is this because pg has been fixed lately (I don't remember
any such discussions) or something with the packaging, or something else.

What I want is that future fedora/redhat versions work out of the box.
Most people use distributions and it's no fun to translate postgresql if
people are annoyed with the result :-)

--
/Dennis Björklund