Re: Translations in the distributions

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Translations in the distributions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Freitag, 9. Januar 2004 08:08 schrieb Dennis Björklund:
> The default installation in fedora does not work very well for non
> english people. For example. if I run psql and type COMMIT i get:
>
> dennis=# commit;
> WARNING:  COMMIT: ingen transaktion p g
>
> while it should say
>
> dennis=# commit;
> WARNING:  COMMIT: ingen transaktion pågår

Remember that gettext will automatically recode the strings depending on what
it thinks is the display character set, determined via LC_CTYPE (of course, a
useless concept for server software).  After that, PostgreSQL's own client/
server recoding will happen.  So somewhere along the line there something
might get lost.  Either the RPM package uses a different locale, or it has
bugs in gettext or iconv.