Re: DOMAIN usability

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: DOMAIN usability
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rajesh Kumar Mallah writes:

> *1.* Suppose varchar(30) turns out to be too small oneday
>     and we want to increase it to varchar(100)  , what do i do ?

This is no different from the problem of changing a column type in place.
It's still being worked on.

> *2.* Its difficult to see all the constraint defs on a domain .
>     information_schema.domain_constriants does not have the
>    definations just the names are present.

You need to join domain_constraints and check_constraints.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

От: "Uwe C. Schroeder"
Сообщение: Re: Curious about exclusive table locks
Сообщение: Re: Curious about exclusive table locks