Re: DOMAIN usability

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: DOMAIN usability
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Rajesh Kumar Mallah writes:

*1.* Suppose varchar(30) turns out to be too small oneday   and we want to increase it to varchar(100)  , what do i do ?
This is no different from the problem of changing a column type in place.
It's still being worked on.

Yes i realize so. But what could be in principle wrong to allow increasing
storage size only  eg varchar(30) to varchar(100)  not integer to varchar(100)
etc. I remeber there was already a long thread of discussion on it.

BTW: Searching on archives.postgresql.org takes ages is it using FTS?

*2.* Its difficult to see all the constraint defs on a domain .   information_schema.domain_constriants does not have the  definations just the names are present.
You need to join domain_constraints and check_constraints.
thanks.

Regds
Mallah.

--