Re: [pgsql-www] Changes to Contributor List

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Changes to Contributor List
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway writes:

> Personally, I don't really see the need for developer.postgresql.org
> to be a separate sub-site. Since it is basically just a collection of
> links to other resources (CVSweb, TODO list, devel docs build, etc.),
> why not just make it a page or two on www.postgresql.org?

I agree to that.  The best way to get people involved is if we have an
integrated presentation of the project.  That is, users, developers,
marketing, documentation, web mastering, translation, whatever.  Right
now, the developers sit in their own corner, and users think, "These
people can't even be bothered to present relevant information in the main
web site; they don't want me."  The marketing people sit in another
corner, and apparently their marketing strategy is "make the marketing
site look as much unlike anything else in the project as possible".  And,
well, all the other people don't sit anywhere, because the main site
understands itself as a portal, and there is no obvious way that other
groups can integrate.

Check out www.debian.org or www.freebsd.org to see what I mean.
Everything is there at one glance, everything looks the same, everyone is
invited everywhere.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net